Careers: MARINE CONSULTANT (hf)
Opsealog is a French Company specialized in Performance Management for the Energy and Maritime industries. Founded in 2015, Opsealog is the meeting point of field expertise and data. From less than 10 employees, Opsealog has known a fast growth and now welcomes more than 40 collaborators.
We provide the energy and maritime sectors with innovative ways of monitoring activities and improving performances through data integration, analysis, and consulting services.
THE FOUNDATION OF AN AMAZING JOURNEY
Our goal at Opsealog is to help the maritime world in its digitalization.
By using marine data analytics, we activate the power of data and thus enable our clients to monitor and improve their operations’ efficiency and reduce their greenhouse gases emissions.
We are looking for a motivated, organized, and creative professional who will accompany our clients in the challenges to optimize their fleet’s operations. As a part of the Opsealog Service Delivery team, your main missions will be:
- Generating value to customers by analyzing data thanks to concrete and extensive marine logistics expertise.
- Providing consulting services to account management, business development, and product development teams.
- Ensuring continuous maritime regulation and innovation watch.
The ideal candidate has broad expertise in marine operations and logistics challenges, with some knowledge of the offshore sector (oil and gas, wind…), and an interest in the energy transition.
- Analyze operational data and deliver impactful recommendations.
- Be creative to develop new analysis ideas as well as industrialize existing ones.
- Advise our customers on ship selection, performance improvements, and changes in logistics flows.
- News Watch: business, technologies, regulations (IMO, ISO…), new products, etc.
- Interact with Opsealog’s various departments as a marine expert.
- High-level education and degree, generally in a scientific field, engineering, or merchant navy.
- Solid general knowledge of the maritime industry, the offshore sector (oil and gas, wind…), their logistics and technical aspects.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in the maritime industry. Junior applicants are also welcome, but our demands for expertise and know-how will be the same as for experienced workers.
- Bilingual in English and French, a third language would be a plus (Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese…).
- Technology savvy, interested in data management and analytics.
- Conscientious about both the content and the presentation of an analysis’ results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Critical thinking and result-oriented.
- Capable of working in autonomy and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel Pivot tables and Power BI.
THREE GOOD REASONS TO JOIN OPSEALOG
- Work in an intellectually stimulating environment that deals with burning topics.
- Give a purpose to your job by participating in the energy transition of the maritime world.
- Join a young and dynamic team that cherishes both professional excellence and a friendly atmosphere.